Manage Your Finances Like a CEO
Are you uncomfortable with the accounting and financial management of your business? Do you feel uncertain in conversations with your CPA or about what is important to know about business financials and why?
If you struggle to get your arms around your business finances, then you’ve come to the right place.
While your CPA frustrates you by trying to turn you into an accountant or bookkeeper with requests for reams of information that take hours to produce and drags you away from operating your business, this course simplifies your financial management process. Just like everything else you’ve come to expect from BGS, we’ve developed a proven method that helps you understand business finance and master the skills you need to know to successfully grow your business without turning you into an accountant.
How to Manage your Finances like a CEO (not a bookkeeper)!
If you want a successful and profitable business, then you better master financial management. Your financial resources are 1 of the 4 factors influencing your business growth. That means it needs to be a high priority on your list of skills mastery.
But you’re not an accountant, you’re the business owner. So, the skills you need to know financially need to complement your operational management skills. That’s where our BGS operational training course Managing Your Finances Like a CEO comes in. We teach you to:
- Read financial statements like an executive, not from an accountant’s perspective.
- Make use of the 3 basic financial reports successful entrepreneurs use to manage their businesses.
- See how money flows between your P&L and balance sheet and why it’s important.
- Use financial metrics with your revenue engine metrics to get a complete performance picture.
- Save time by using the simplified BGS method of reviewing financial statements.
A Simpler and More Effective Way to Do Your Budget and Financials Management
This was so much easier for me to understand! Testimonials from Linda, Steven, and James:
What You Learn with Our Simplified Financial Management Approach
You don’t need to understand debit and credits or how to enter invoices into Quickbooks. Leave that to your accountant. As the leader of your business, you need to know:
- The different expense categories and their purpose in monitoring what’s happening financially in your business.
- Understanding the difference between operational and capital expenses.
- Why it’s critical to correctly break out your direct and overhead costs.
- How your direct costs differ depends on your foundational business model.
- Prioritizing where to focus your attention when financial issues arise in your business.
- Understand why accounting for your direct costs is so important.
- How to use your overhead costs to calculate your direct costs.
- Estimate the cost of doing work and adding up all your work-related direct costs.
- To review past receipts and timecards to get actual costs to complete work and calculate direct costs.
- Your breakeven point and understand how to calculate it.
- Learn how to gather the information to calculate your breakeven point.
- Various scenarios calculating break-even and why is critical in the foundation growth stage.
- Understand the different types of profit and their purpose.
- Learn how to calculate your gross and net profit.
- Understand your gross profit and what you use to monitor it.
- Review the correlation of gross profit in calculating break-even for your business.
Complete this course, then lead more effective conversations with your CPA and bookkeeper so they can set up your accounting system to give you the information you need to run your business! You learn how your finances are only a small piece of the puzzle and using it with your revenue engine metrics gives you all the information you need to confidently grow your business and take it where you want it to go!