Business Growth Dream / Forums / Business Growth / Company Growth Factors / I am an plumber, not a businessman.

I am an plumber, not a businessman.

Business Growth Dream / Forums / Business Growth / Company Growth Factors / I am an plumber, not a businessman.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bob Rogers
    Default for Member Roles

I am an plumber, not a businessman.  All that accounting, finance and paperwork stuff is just a waste of my time.  How can I get someone else to do all that junk for me?

David DeVelder
    Default for Member Roles

Sell your company and go the work for a businessman.

Dino Eliadis
    Default for Member Roles

Bob,

While David’s answer may seem harsh, it is the truth. If you own a business, you’d better learn how it should be run. That doesn’t mean you need to do it all. But, you should at least know what those doing it for you should be doing!

This was probably my biggest takeaway from the book The eMyyth. You should delegate NOT abnegate responsibilities of your business. Giving it away is where you ask for trouble. People take advantage of, cheat, steal, and commit fraud in these situations.

Don’t let it happen to you. Make sure you know what you’re delegating before you delegate it away. Or, as David said, go to work for a businessperson!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.